- Run every day. Every day! Today I ran 2.0 miles. Without my Garmin. But it was a route I know; so I know it was two miles.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day. (Plain ice tea counts!) Today I drank 72 ounces as of now. Tomorrow’s 8 am yoga class will be rough.
- Do a 3o day +1 Bikram yoga challenge. Today I went to the 1:00 pm class.
- Reduce my sugar intake. I drank very little soda today. Again.
- Do something new every day, even if it’s just a twist on something I usually do. I did quite a few new things today! I stayed for over two minutes for the final savasana after class. I was almost the last person to leave. I also ran without my Garmin. Or rather, it was on my wrist, the satellites were taking too long to load and I only had twenty minutes to run, so I just turned it off. It was freeing! I have no idea how fast I was going, but I made it back in time, so I must have been on pace! I made my own sea salt & coconut oil hair texturizing spray to create beachy waves in my hair. My first time ever making something like that! Oh, and one bad thing – I gave a presentation today and it did not go well in my opinion! Vacation and all, plus some hardware issues, etc. Oh well, I get to do it again later this month. The kicker though? I was giving a presentation on how to give engaging presentations. Yikes!
- Every day record something in my life in which I am grateful. I did this, and put it in my jar. I will read these at the end of the month.
- Eat 5 times a day. Good food, not junk! (ice cream is acceptable, only because it’s summer!) I ate 5 times today.
- Absolutely no more gluten! Or other things I am allergic to. No gluten, no other allergens.
- Take one picture a day – that defines my day. Post on Instagram: jackjosephsmom. Posted!
- Hold a plank for a minimum of one minute a day. Completed!
- Do at least 50 squats a day (preferably 100). Completed!
- Do at least 10 burpees a day (preferably more). Completed!
- Do ten pushups a day. Completed!
- Do 20 Kettlebell swings a day. Completed!
- Reconnect with an old friend each day. Emailed MRC.
- Join the Pay it Forward Movement and participate daily. (There’s an app for that!) Today’s PIF deed of the day was to volunteer at a local animal shelter. I reached out and left a message about wanting to volunteer at the local Human Society. That’s an easy one as I love animals. My biggest problem will be not wanting to take them all home.
- Be happy everyday; all day if possible. I was very happy all day! Especially after yoga. It was a great class.
- Smile at everyone I see. (Part of the whole “fake it until you make it” philosophy). Completed!
I also completed a weekly goal today: I emailed Home Depot about a wonderful experience I had there this morning and how every employee I came across said hello to me and offered to help me. The guys in the hardware area were very patient with me as I tried to describe the size screws I needed.