Yikes! This first week I did not accomplish many of my weekly goals. The holiday was a big part of it, as many had other plans. I will double up on another week to make up for it!
- Have friends over for a lunch or dinner party each week. Failed. 😦 Will make it up in another week.
- Make something I have never made before each time. Failed. 😦 Will make it up in another week.
- Start reading again, at least one book a week. Completed! Book review here.
- Enjoy the amenities of my neighborhood – the pool, the gym… Failed. 😦 Will make it up in another week. It is important to note I do run in the neighborhood, walk my dogs through the neighborhood and use the dog park frequently.
- Find new hobbies to adopt. A tough one at first! Then I started teaching myself American Sign Language!
- Write positive compliments to companies I frequent about my experiences (many only think to write when something negative occurs). I wrote to Home Depot. They were much appreciative of my positive feedback. I even got an “awesome” in the reply email. Try doing this. You will feel happy just doing it!
Daily Goals Weekly Status Update
- Run every day. Every day! Done! A total of 13 miles this week.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day. (Plain ice tea counts!) A little behind goal here. I only drank a gallon on 4 of the 7 days. I drink other things, so it’s not as if I am dehydrated. I am just trying to focus on drinking water again.
- Do a 3o day +1 Bikram yoga challenge. Been there every day and loving it!
- Reduce my sugar intake. Yes, mainly through less soda and ice cream. I only started drinking soda again in January when I got so sick water would not go down or stay down. I don’t want to totally cut out the soda because of the headaches.
- Do something new every day, even if it’s just a twist on something I usually do. Surprisingly, yes! I am on target here.
- Every day record something in my life in which I am grateful. I have been writing something down every day and putting it in a jar to read at the end of the month.
- Eat 5 times a day. Good food, not junk! (ice cream is acceptable, only because it’s summer!) Overall, on target!
- Absolutely no more gluten! Or other things I am allergic to. Right on target!
- Take one picture a day – that defines my day. Post on Instagram: jackjosephsmom. Yup! Been doing this. It’s hard to sum up a day in one picture!
- Hold a plank for a minimum of one minute a day. Yup, on target!
- Do at least 50 squats a day (preferably 100). I did 300 last week, plus 2 one minute wall sits.
- Do at least 10 burpees a day (preferably more). I did 90 burpees last week.
- Do ten pushups a day. I did 70 pushups last week.
- Do 20 Kettlebell swings a day. I did 150 Kettlebell swings last week.
- Reconnect with an old friend each day. On target! And fun catching up!
- Join the Pay it Forward Movement and participate daily. (There’s an app for that!) This has been fun and challenging!
- Be happy everyday; all day if possible. I have been happy all week. Not all day, but part of each day, for sure.
- Smile at everyone I see. (Part of the whole “fake it until you make it” philosophy). Easy-peasy!
- 1 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- 2 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- 3 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- 4 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- 5 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- 6 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- 7 july 2013 (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Goal Accomplished: Read a Book – Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Goal Accomplished: New Hobbies – American Sign Language (challenge31daysjuly2013.wordpress.com)