- Have friends over for a lunch or dinner party each week. Completed!
- Make something I have never made before each time. I made them bring their own food. My parents came over and they only like very bland food. I only make food with flavor!
- Start reading again, at least one book a week. Failed! Blame it on Friday and Saturday’s headache.
- Enjoy the amenities of my neighborhood – the pool, the gym… I went to the pool twice!!
- Find new hobbies to adopt. Worked on my sign language. Worked on my gardening – almost killed the porch pot, but I think it will survive and be better than ever!
- Write positive compliments to companies I frequent about my experiences (many only think to write when something negative occurs). I wrote to Caribou Coffee – anonymously.
Daily Goals Weekly Status Update
- Run every day. Every day! Done! A total of 12.15+ miles this week.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day. (Plain ice tea counts!) I did pretty good here – not perfect, but pretty darn good! (You should know I drink all day long – water, Gatorade, tea, soda, lattes….)
- Do a 3o day +1 Bikram yoga challenge. Been there every day and loving it!
- Reduce my sugar intake. Yes!
- Do something new every day, even if it’s just a twist on something I usually do. Surprisingly, yes! I am on target here.
- Every day record something in my life in which I am grateful. I have been writing something down every day and putting it in a jar to read at the end of the month.
- Eat 5 times a day. Good food, not junk! (ice cream is acceptable, only because it’s summer!) Not so good this week. 😦
- Absolutely no more gluten! Or other things I am allergic to. I had eggs one day.
- Take one picture a day – that defines my day. Post on Instagram: jackjosephsmom. On target!
- Hold a plank for a minimum of one minute a day. 6+ minutes of planks this week.
- Do at least 50 squats a day (preferably 100). I did 350!
- Do at least 10 burpees a day (preferably more). I did 119 burpees!
- Do ten pushups a day. I did 80 pushups!
- Do 20 Kettlebell swings a day. I did 150 Kettlebell swings!
- Reconnect with an old friend each day. Reaching out, not hearing back. Did find an old friend now living across the street!
- Join the Pay it Forward Movement and participate daily. (There’s an app for that!) This has been fun!
- Be happy everyday; all day if possible. It was a rough week on a couple of levels, but doing my best.
- Smile at everyone I see. (Part of the whole “fake it until you make it” philosophy). Easy!