- Run every day. Every day! Today I did not run. The toe issue… and the heat – ADVISORY. Hopefully tomorrow I can run or rollerblade. It is supposed to cool off. The heat advisory has made it hard for me to breathe – asthma. Also the pollen and tree counts have been high – allergies. I am disappointed in my inability to run, but since it is not from laziness, rather pain, I am a little bit okay with it.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day. (Plain ice tea counts!) Today I drank a lot – but none of it was plain water or plain tea. Heat makes you ca-raze- ee!
- Do a 3o day +1 Bikram yoga challenge. Today I went to the 6:00 am class. It was a good class.
- Reduce my sugar intake. I did have some sugar today. Not a lot, but not a little either.
- Do something new every day, even if it’s just a twist on something I usually do. Today O took caution and moved my plants around to protect them from the vicious storm we are supposed to be getting.
- Every day record something in my life in which I am grateful. I did this, and put it in my jar. I will read these at the end of the month.
- Eat 5 times a day. Good food, not junk! (ice cream is acceptable, only because it’s summer!) I ate 5 times today.
- Absolutely no more gluten! Or other things I am allergic to. I think there was a little gluten in my ice cream. 😦
- Take one picture a day – that defines my day. Post on Instagram: jackjosephsmom. Posted!
- Hold a plank for a minimum of one minute a day. I did a 5 minute plank on my knees to make up for the missed planks this week. By far the hardest thing I have done in a long while.
- Do at least 50 squats a day (preferably 100). I made some progress on missed squats – 150!
- Do at least 10 burpees a day (preferably more). Defer until tomorrow. Toe! May need to find a replacement exercise until the toe is better.
- Do ten pushups a day. Made some progress on missed pushups today. I did 30 on my knees.
- Do 20 Kettlebell swings a day. Made some progress on my missed kettlebell swings this week – did 60!
- Reconnect with an old friend each day. Emailed DG.
- Join the Pay it Forward Movement and participate daily. (There’s an app for that!) Today’s PIF deed of the day is it’s Friday – do your own thing. Today I helped a lady at Kroger who had questions on gift cards. She didn’t speak English very well, but wanted to buy a gift card that could be used anywhere. So I directed her to the Visa/MC/Amex ones. (Usually not a great idea though – many often have surcharges!)
- Be happy everyday; all day if possible. It was a happy day! I am still very tired though.
- Smile at everyone I see. (Part of the whole “fake it until you make it” philosophy). Completed!
All of these exercises that I have had to defer because of my toe… I have plans to make them all up tomorrow or Saturday. I may have to modify them though – I will keep you updated!