- Have friends over for a lunch or dinner party each week. Failed! But, I do have 2 parties planned this coming week.
- Make something I have never made before each time. See above.
- Start reading again, at least one book a week. Failed! I just can’t get this one of the ground!
- Enjoy the amenities of my neighborhood – the pool, the gym… I just enjoyed walking around it like I always do.
- Find new hobbies to adopt. Worked on my sign language. Worked on my gardening – my veggies and herbs are fruitful! Especially the tomatoes.
- Write positive compliments to companies I frequent about my experiences (many only think to write when something negative occurs). I spoke one to my community manager.
Daily Goals Weekly Status Update
- Run every day. Every day! Because of my toe, I am done until surgery and rehab is complete.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day. (Plain ice tea counts!) I did decently here, but without running, one gallon is a bit much.
- Do a 3o day +1 Bikram yoga challenge. Been there every day and totally loving it.
- Reduce my sugar intake. I did very well here.
- Do something new every day, even if it’s just a twist on something I usually do. Been doing something new every day, except for one. It’s getting hard!
- Every day record something in my life in which I am grateful. I have been writing something down every day and putting it in a jar to read at the end of the month.
- Eat 5 times a day. Good food, not junk! (ice cream is acceptable, only because it’s summer!) Lacked a meal or two here this week, mainly due to schedule.
- Absolutely no more gluten! Or other things I am allergic to. No gluten, no other allergens!
- Take one picture a day – that defines my day. Post on Instagram: jackjosephsmom. Been doing this! It’s fun. Kind of hard to come up with something new when you lead such a sheltered life like I do…
- Hold a plank for a minimum of one minute a day. 14+ minutes of planks this week – on my knees because of my toe.
- Do at least 50 squats a day (preferably 100). I did 350!
- Do at least 10 burpees a day (preferably more). I did 0 burpees. Can’t jump on my toe.
- Do ten pushups a day. I did 70 pushups on my knees. Not my original plan, I just can’t be on my toe like that.
- Do 20 Kettlebell swings a day. I did 140 Kettlebell swings!
- Reconnect with an old friend each day. Reaching out, heard back a little bit this week.
- Join the Pay it Forward Movement and participate daily. (There’s an app for that!) This has been fun! But the app’s ideas are sometimes hard to do.
- Be happy everyday; all day if possible. It was a very good week!
- Smile at everyone I see. (Part of the whole “fake it until you make it” philosophy). Easy!