I wasn’t 100% on this challenge, but it was fun! I did accomplish my main goal though – being happy!
- Run every day. Every day! Sidelined because of my toe – requires surgery. I did get over 27 miles in for the month, but I used to run 28 miles per week.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day. (Plain ice tea counts!) Not always a gallon a day, but usually around 76-100 ounces a day.
- Do a 3o day +1 Bikram yoga challenge.
- Reduce my sugar intake. I really worked hard on this.
- Do something new every day, even if it’s just a twist on something I usually do. This got tough towards the end, but I did it!
- Every day record something in my life in which I am grateful. I did this! It was a great list to read.
- Eat 5 times a day. Good food, not junk! (ice cream is acceptable, only because it’s summer!) I tried, but usually only ate 3-4 times a day.
- Absolutely no more gluten! Or other things I am allergic to. I did very well on this.
- Take one picture a day – that defines my day. Post on Instagram: jackjosephsmom. Completed! And so fun!!
- Hold a plank for a minimum of one minute a day. I did very well on this.
- Do at least 50 squats a day (preferably 100). Stayed around 50/day.
- Do at least 10 burpees a day (preferably more). Can’t jump on my toe – but did it through half of the month!
- Do ten pushups a day. Done! And I am much better at them now.
- Do 20 Kettlebell swings a day. Completed! My shoulders feel great!
- Reconnect with an old friend each day. I reached out, but didn’t hear too much back. I did have one person say getting my message made their day!
- Join the Pay it Forward Movement and participate daily. (There’s an app for that!) This was fun and I encourage each of you to participate!
- Be happy everyday; all day if possible. I did really well on this. Only a couple of iffy days!
- Smile at everyone I see. (Part of the whole “fake it until you make it” philosophy). Easy! Done!
- Have friends over for a lunch or dinner party each week Half-Completed. 2/4 – but remaining 2 at the end of this week.
- Make something I have never made before each time. Half-Completed. 2/4 – but remaining 2 at the end of this week.
- Start reading again, at least one book a week. Failed! Only read one book. (Not exactly true- but I was looking for casual, fun reading here.)
- Enjoy the amenities of my neighborhood – the pool, the gym… Completed! Enjoyed the pool quite a few times!
- Find new hobbies to adopt. Sign Language! Struggled with finding new hobbies as I learned I already have a lot!
- Write positive compliments to companies I frequent about my experiences (many only think to write when something negative occurs). Completed!
- Clean out the basement…again. Completed!
- Clean out my closets – especially the shoe closets… again. Completed and donated!
- Create a scrapbook of all my accomplishments: a brag book. To help remind me how great I am when I am down. In-Progress: Working on an online scrapbook!
- Learn Photoshop. Well, I couldn’t learn the whole thing in a month, but I am trying!
- Write something important and send it to a magazine in hopes it will be published. Completed! No word if its being published or not yet.
- Sign up to volunteer. Completed! Humane Society.
- Learn astronomy. In-Progress: It can’t all be learned in one month! 🙂