I do not condone cheating.
I have several thoughts on this topic.
- Cheating is very hurtful to the person cheated on. For that reason alone it should not be done.
- I honestly believe people cheat when the relationship is not working. I do not believe an ongoing affair would happen if the original relationship was strong. They should, instead of cheating, work on the relationship not working or end it prior to moving on to someone else.
- I believe an emotional affair is more damning than a sexual one.
- I believe sex is a physical response from the body, animalistic even. That sometimes circumstances outside of one’s control (so not true, actually. I am thinking of when a person is drunk – but they have a choice not to drink so much) leads to a sexual event.
- If someone cheated on me, once, for physical pleasure only, I don’t want to know about it. The thoughts of it would kill me.
- If I was with someone who cheated on me and I knew about it, I could not have sex with them again.
- If someone cheats once, I honestly believe they will do it again.
- I have cheated on people before – but never when I was seriously committed to the relationship, and never an ongoing affair.
- I have been the other woman at least once before. When I found out, I ended the relationship. It was never something I would have participated in knowingly.
- I am not proud of #’s 8 & 9.