(I couldn’t stop at 10!)
- Know something about me, that I like to do, and make an effort for that to be something we do together.
- Always be considerate of the fact I have Celiac and many food allergies when we dine out, but don’t overtly make a big deal about it. Pointing it out makes me feel like a pain in the ass.
- Surprise me with daisies, lilacs or birds of paradise. Those are my favorite flowers. Give them to me for no reason.
- Love my dogs. Pay attention to them. Play with them.
- Rub my feet without me having to ask.
- Never, ever say anything cruel to me.
- My birthday is a holiday, but treat it like it is a day just for me.
- Send me messages during the day to let me know you are thinking of me.
- When we are together, it should just be me and you. Not me, you and your phone – no texting, no answering calls, no Facebook, no nothing.
- All of your people should know who I am, without you having to explain it to them in front of me. When I meet them, they should say how they have heard so much about me.
- Even though I work from home and have a lot of flexibility in my schedule, don’t act like you and your time is more important and that I should adjust to your schedule. Yes, I can and likely will, but don’t act like I should.
- I once dated someone who only gave me gifts after big fights that he usually started. I hated those gifts, they were constant reminders of the fight. Please don’t do that.
- Be okay just spending the day with me, doing nothing special, but just being together.
- Make sure to always make me feel sexy – but not sleazy.
- Let me cook for you, and honestly love and appreciate the food. Ask me to make something for you that I have before that you really loved.
- Let’s workout together some of the time. A lot of the time a workout for me is my personal time, and it may be for you, too, but sometimes we should share that time together.
- Celebrate the little things. Surprise me with a one month or two month of our time together celebration. Not in a creepy way – just in a nice, I am enjoying our time together, way.
- Work never celebrates my successes. After a big convention or conference, let’s have a special night to celebrate everything I did to make it perfect.
- Don’t talk about money. I don’t care about how much you have. Money doesn’t impress me.
- Tell me how meeting me was the best thing that ever happened to me.
- Tell me how I am a wonderful person whom you would love to have a family with (when it’s appropriate. Someone once told me 6 days into our relationship he loved me. That was way too much.)
I guarantee all of the above will be reciprocated.