Today (or rather yesterday as I write this now) was a bad day. I got very little sleep Monday night. It was a night filled with nightmares. I spent most of the day trying to catch a nap – because until I got some sleep, nothing could be accomplished. Napping proved difficult because I continued to hover between being awake and asleep, with more nightmares. It has to be withdrawal, as I am cutting back on the medication that caused the nightmares in the first place. So, instead, to finally get some sleep and relax, I had to take 3 Xanaxes – which really defeats the purpose. But sleep was needed.
It was a bad day. A day I just want to erase.
Not sleeping can have a ton of negative effects on the body and mind – and today I hit all of them.
You’ll see below I didn’t do a lot of anything on my challenge list. Hell, I did nothing,
But I will make them up.
Tomorrow is a new day, and it can only be better!
- Take a picture of my abs on day #1 Posted to Instagram on 8/1/13.
- Do this 30 day ab challenge (it includes rest days!)
- Do this ab workout 2x a week: http://youtu.be/vkKCVCZe474 I need to make this up once for last week – so I need to do it 3x this week.
- Do this ab workout 3x a week (NEW VIDEO 8/8): http://youtu.be/08Bi8hMdwa4 I owe this week one from last week – so I will do this 4x this week.
- Go to yoga 4x a week (focus on spine strengthening series!)
- Work on the flexibility of my shoulders including researching new ways to increase flexibility in my shoulders and stretch them out with various exercises.
- Work on the flexibility of my hips including researching new ways to increase flexibility in my hips and stretch them out with various exercises.
- Do this 30 day squat challenge (it includes rest days!)
- One day a week pick a random work out of the day off of Pinterest or anywhere on the internet and just do it!
- Take one full day a week as a rest day from physical activity (except for walking the dogs – which I do every day). I did this Friday.
- Drink at least 100 oz of water a day.
- Eat 5x a day.
- Do the Pay it Forward App 5x a week.
- Post one picture a day on Instagram following this 30 day photo challenge. @jackjosephsmom Completed!
- Host 2 dinner parties this month. 8/11; 8/21 – Complete!
- Read at least 2 books this month (besides business reading). I read The Litigators and a Batman book this month. – Complete!
- Compliment someone every day. In person.
- Discover a new blog/blogger every day.
- Follow this 30 day blog challenge. Posted here.
- Rent and watch a movie this month (weird, I know, but the TV is always on and I am never watching it. It’s always on crime shows. I want me to rent a movie from my TV’s online guide and watch it. I never watch movies unless I am on a date, and since I have no plans ever to date again, just watching one movie this month will be tough.) I rented and watched “Side Effects” on Sunday. It was quite different than the last Channing Tatum movie I watched. Best quote is near the beginning. It went along the line of the Dr. saying “he saw his dead father driving a cab”. The cop says “he sees ghosts? So he’s nuts right?” And the Dr. said, “No, he not nuts. It’s grief.” That made me instantly like the movie. Oh, and did I mention that Jude Law is the Dr.? It’s about a drug trial that treats anxiety. It was interesting because the drug I currently take is not necessarily a trial drug, but it is certainly new and some of the side effects are vicious. I really enjoyed the twists of this movie. It was pretty good. – Complete!
- Participate in the 30 day song challenge. Posted here.
- Write a “I Like This About You” note/text/email each day to someone (repeats of the same person but with new reasons is okay! – I have a smaller world now, anyways, and I am okay with that).
- Make a serious effort not to complain at all, every day.
- Create a new bucket list: each day write down something I want, want to do, or place I want to go.
- Write a children’s book.
- Continue learning Astronomy.
- Continue learning Sign Language – one new sign a day!
- Clean all the blinds.
- Vacuum 2x a week. (allergy season will be back!)
- Clean all the fans. 3 down, 2 or so to go
- Take a picture of my abs again on the 31st! Hopefully see some change!