This post is part of my challenge: October 2013 – 30 Day Fitness Blog Prompt Series. See the whole blog prompt list here.
Goals are often a moving target for me, especially when it comes to fitness. I adjust them, nix them, add new ones based on accomplishments, failures and how I am feeling on any given day.
Overall, my fitness goals are:
- To remain healthy
- Within a certain weight +/- 5 lbs (which some days lately I have been over by a few – meaning over my goal +5 by a few!)
- To always be challenged
- To always have fun with it
Over the past year, I have set goals to run every day (never making it back up to my 28 miles per week of last summer – which I was hoping to exceed this year) and to do a 30 day Bikram Yoga challenge (which I did complete in July! This was not my first 30 day challenge, either), and of course, since July of this year, I have been posting monthly fitness goals for a daily/weekly/monthly basis on here.
I decided as a result of this prompt and my upcoming foot/leg surgery, that maybe I should set some goals for my recovery into the next year. They are:
- Arm and ab challenges will continue after surgery – immediately
- Resume squat challenges in December
- Go back to Bikram Yoga in February
- Start running again in April
- Run a 5K Summer 2014 (not a fan of races, but they are a good way to mark accomplishments officially)
- Do a Bikram Yoga 30 day challenge in Summer of 2014
- Check out Crossfit Summer/Fall of 2014
- Run a half marathon in 2015
The goals are now written! I wonder how I can schedule this to pop back up for me in a year to check the status? 😉