Today definitely got started off on the right foot! Which is always a great way to start.
WEIGHT ~~ +12 (I do not expect to lose it all in 3 weeks)
ENERGY ~~ 👌
EXCITEMENT ~~ 😀
MOOD ~~ 😐
TIP: When starting a new routine like this one, make it fun and prepare. I did my shopping yesterday, revisiting delicious, healthy food that I do love, but has been absent from my couch diet as of late. I also got a few new things – like Green Tea in K-Cups to use with my new Keurig. I even tried it yesterday and loved it, which made it easier to consume today. I have made all of today about this new routine, which makes dedicating myself to it easy and fun. I have a positive attitude about this refresh, which is why it is easy to resist the sweets today.
I started the morning with a cup of hot green tea and added a fresh slice of lemon. It was fabulous.
For breakfast, I made quinoa and added fresh chopped apples to it. I also tried my first ever black cup of coffee. I only really drink lattes, usually about one a day – though that has tapered off lately because the milk has made my stomach queasy. I ended up having two half cups of black coffee today, made with the Keurig. I am certainly not hooked, I wouldn’t choose it over a soda, but it was necessary for the caffeine to avoid the headache.It wasn’t completely horrible.
My morning snack was 1/2 cup of raspberries. I store them in the fridge, and only wash what I will eat at a time. This helps them last longer.
For lunch, I made an approximately 4 oz chicken tenderloin, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, a lot, lot, lot of steamed broccoli, and a tomato and avocado salad drizzled with olive oil, garlic and cracked pepper. I also added 1/2 cup of raspberries.
My afternoon snack was a small apple.
Dinner was 4 oz of salmon, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa with chopped green onions, a big salad of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes – drizzled with lemon and lime, extra cucumbers and a little bit of hummus. Plus a few raspberries.
It was a good eating day.
I did my exercises in the afternoon. 1/2 hour of Just Dance on my Wii, plus the assigned exercises from the challenges in the list. And my yoga to cool down.
After dinner, I made a hair mask of avocado, honey and olive oil. It was messy. Very, very messy. If I ever do it again, it should be made in a blender and blended very, very well. It made my hair soft.
I put on the hair mask and a face mask of lemon and honey while I soaked in the bath. I meditated for over 10 minutes, peacefully in the Epsom salt bath. I then gave myself a foot massage while still in the bath, used my pumice stone, and after the shower I had to take after the bath (to rinse out the avocado from my hair), I put on a lotion foot mask.
I slept all. night. long. It was heavenly.
I drank 80 oz of water.
- No sugar. 👍
- No salt. 👍
- No alcohol. 👍
- No dairy 👍- this is a personal requirement. Milk products seem to be upsetting my stomach lately. Yes, this means no lattes!
- Drink at least 64 ounces (preferably 80 ounces) of water per day. 👍
- Eat 5 times per day. 👍 (Meal plan suggestion here.)
- Cheat occasionally! It’s okay to cheat every now and again, just don’t do it daily. 😉
- Take my supplements religiously. 👍
- Drink green tea daily. 👍
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes per day. 👍
- Do 20 minutes of yoga poses per day. 👍
- Do 30 minutes of easy aerobic exercise 5x per week – Just Dance video game, stationary bike, simple video… 👍
- Follow this Squat Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Crunch Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Arm Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Take an Epsom salt bath at least 5 nights a week. This will help detox my body and reduce water weight. 👍
- Create and use a face mask twice a week. 👍
- Create a use a moisturizing hair mask twice a week. 👍
- Use a foot mask three times a week. 👍
- Give myself a foot massage 3 times a week. 👍
- Get a massage!