I woke up again with a headache. but since I knew that cheating with soda wasn’t going to fix it, I got up, did a few shoulder stretches, had some water, some green tea, and some black coffee. And I immediately took a pain pill. I feel better already.
I am going out to dinner tonight, so it will be necessary to stick strictly to portion control during the day and kick up the exercises today – especially the cardio. Eating out usually results in a greater chance of me having lower self-control over my eating.
WEIGHT ~~ +11.6 (I do not expect to lose it all in 3 weeks) [proof that weight bounces up & down, yesterday I was +10.8]
ENERGY ~~ 👏
EXCITEMENT ~~ 😀
MOOD ~~ 😀
TIP: Add variety in your greens. I like broccoli. Not a lot of people can say that. I could eat it every day, as my veggies for every meal. But broccoli can be bloating and gassy. So I try other greens. Green beans are okay, but easy to prepare. I want to like Kale, but alone, as a veggie side dish, I haven’t found the right recipe.
I started the morning with 20 ounces of cold water, then green tea with lemon. I had quinoa with apples and raspberries for breakfast.
My morning snack was 1/2 cup berries.
For lunch, I made an approximately 4 oz of ground turkey with mushrooms and green onions.. I had 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, about 2 cups of steamed broccoli, and 1/2 cup of berries.
My afternoon snack was a small apple.
I went out to dinner – and was not so good. I had the best of intentions of eating very well. But I also have to eat off a gluten free menu, which poses challenges with side orders. So I ate the mashed potatoes with my salmon. And I ate all the salmon (though I did have them hold the sauce) knowing it was more than 4 ounces. And, I um, had the best of intentions of ordering fruit for dessert, but they had this small choclately gluten free dessert – and since we were out for my birthday, I indulged. I am not ashamed, either. I should be, but I am not.
I did my exercises in the afternoon. I completed a half hour of Just Dance on my Wii. I did the assigned exercises from the challenges in the list in between songs. And my yoga to cool down.
I slept pretty good.
- No sugar. 👍
- No salt. I am sure my dinner was cooked with a bit of salt.
- No alcohol. 👍
- No dairy 👍- this is a personal requirement. Milk products seem to be upsetting my stomach lately. Yes, this means no lattes! m(there may have been some in the mashed potatoes.)
- Drink at least 64 ounces (preferably 80 ounces) of water per day. 👍
- Eat 5 times per day. 👍 (Meal plan suggestion here.)
- Cheat occasionally! It’s okay to cheat every now and again, just don’t do it daily. 😉 👍
- Take my supplements religiously. 👍
- Drink green tea daily. 👍
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes per day.
- Do 20 minutes of yoga poses per day. 👍
- Do 30 minutes of easy aerobic exercise 5x per week – Just Dance video game, stationary bike, simple video… 👍
- Follow this Squat Challenge through the 21st. Rest Day!
- Follow this Crunch Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Arm Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Take an Epsom salt bath at least 5 nights a week. This will help detox my body and reduce water weight.
- Create and use a face mask twice a week.
- Create a use a moisturizing hair mask twice a week.
- Use a foot mask three times a week.
- Give myself a foot massage 3 times a week.
- Get a massage!