When I weighed myself this morning, I was very disappointed. I was back to where I started, +12. I feel dejected, like I am losing.
But it’s not always about the number on the scale. A lot of this is about cleansing yourself. I am feeling better, more energized, and my skin looks better. So some accomplishment has occurred!
I also know my cardio isn’t as strong as it should be for me. But I don’t have clearance yet to really start working out, and I know physically it would be a struggle. I have a dr appointment tomorrow, maybe I can get the all clear to ride the stationary bike. That may add some more intense cardio – though not as fun as my Wii dancing!
And, as I have lost a lot of muscle after surgery, I may be putting some of it back on. In fact, my thighs feel stronger and tighter. I should have measured myself and went off of inches instead of pounds!
WEIGHT ~~ +12 (I do not expect to lose it all in 3 weeks)
ENERGY ~~ 👌
EXCITEMENT ~~ 😐
MOOD ~~ 😐
TIP: Chew slowly. Eat slowly. Don’t shovel all your food in at once. Take the time to chew each small piece thoroughly. Savor each bite, and stop when you are full.
I had quinoa with apples for breakfast.
My morning snack was 1/2 cup berries.
For lunch, I had left-over turkey breast, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, chopped avocado & tomato and broccoli.
My afternoon snack was 1/2 cup berries.
Dinner was left-over turkey, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, asparagus, and 1/2 cup berries.
I did my exercises in the afternoon. I completed a 30 minutes of Just Dance on my Wii. I did the assigned exercises from the challenges in the list in between songs.
After dinner I took my bath and gave myself a foot massage and a foot mask after my shower.
I did a coconut oil and egg hair mask (made my hair thicker and gave it a great natural curl). The mask was 6 tablespoons of liquid coconut oil and 3 eggs. I have a lot of hair and this was more than enough.
I did a face mask of mashed banana and honey. This was great for my skin! It was softer and it pulled out a lot of blackheads. I mashed one banana and added honey to match. This was way too much for one use. I warmed it in the microwave briefly before applying.
I neglected to do my yoga or have green tea today. Oops!
I slept well.
- No sugar. 👍
- No salt. 👍
- No alcohol. 👍
- No dairy 👍- this is a personal requirement. Milk products seem to be upsetting my stomach lately. Yes, this means no lattes!
- Drink at least 64 ounces (preferably 80 ounces) of water per day. 👍
- Eat 5 times per day. 👍 (Meal plan suggestion here.)
- Cheat occasionally! It’s okay to cheat every now and again, just don’t do it daily. 😉
- Take my supplements religiously. 👍
- Drink green tea daily.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes per day. 👍
- Do 20 minutes of yoga poses per day.
- Do 30 minutes of easy aerobic exercise 5x per week – Just Dance video game, stationary bike, simple video… 👍
- Follow this Squat Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Crunch Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Arm Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Take an Epsom salt bath at least 5 nights a week. This will help detox my body and reduce water weight. 👍
- Create and use a face mask twice a week. 👍
- Create a use a moisturizing hair mask twice a week. 👍
- Use a foot mask three times a week. 👍
- Give myself a foot massage 3 times a week. 👍
- Get a massage!