This morning I ventured out in the cold, frigid air to the doctors for a check up on my foot. All is good! Proceed with caution, but exercise got an all clear.
This has me excited to try more, the stationary bike, once the weather warms up a smidge. Staying in is all really anyone should do right now!
I did order a couple of new Just Dance games. They were in my mailbox this morning. I got them off of eBay – 2 for the price of half of a new one. They are used. I got Just Dance 3, and it came with Kidz Bop. I am excited to give it a go this afternoon. The other discs I have are getting stale. This may give me some extra excitement and I may be able to work out a little more.
WEIGHT ~~ +12 (I do not expect to lose it all in 3 weeks)
ENERGY ~~ 👌
EXCITEMENT ~~ 😐
MOOD ~~ 😐
TIP: Prepare your meals ahead of time. This isn’t something I really have to do, as I work from home. But, if I worked at an office, it would be easy to make this meal plan ahead of time. It can all be eaten cold, or warmed up when you are ready to eat. Preparing your meals ahead of time will also help you keep your portions measured out appropriately. In fact, I often do cook my chicken or turkey all at once and store it in the fridge, pulling out one portion size for each meal.
For breakfast I had oatmeal with apples.
My morning snack was 1/2 cup berries.
My lunch was especially delicious today. I made ground turkey in olive oil with garlic & pepper, 2 cups of kale, 1 cup of mushrooms and a tomato. I layered that over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice. I also had 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced.
My afternoon snack was 1/2 cup berries.
Dinner was left-over turkey breast, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, asparagus, and 1/2 cup berries.
I did my exercises in the afternoon. I completed a 40 minutes of Just Dance on my Wii with my new Just Dance 3. Loved it! I did the assigned exercises from the challenges in the list in between songs.
I skipped the bath tonight because it is freezing. And I am out of Epsom salts and forgot to get some when I was out this morning. Too cold to go back out!
I did some yoga before bed.
I slept very well.
- No sugar. 👍
- No salt. 👍
- No alcohol. 👍
- No dairy 👍- this is a personal requirement. Milk products seem to be upsetting my stomach lately. Yes, this means no lattes!
- Drink at least 64 ounces (preferably 80 ounces) of water per day. 👍
- Eat 5 times per day. 👍 (Meal plan suggestion here.)
- Cheat occasionally! It’s okay to cheat every now and again, just don’t do it daily. 😉
- Take my supplements religiously. 👍
- Drink green tea daily. 👍
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes per day. 👍
- Do 20 minutes of yoga poses per day. 👍
- Do 30 minutes of easy aerobic exercise 5x per week – Just Dance video game, stationary bike, simple video… 👍
- Follow this Squat Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Crunch Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Follow this Arm Challenge through the 21st. 👍
- Take an Epsom salt bath at least 5 nights a week. This will help detox my body and reduce water weight.
- Create and use a face mask twice a week.
- Create a use a moisturizing hair mask twice a week.
- Use a foot mask three times a week.
- Give myself a foot massage 3 times a week.
- Get a massage!