This supplement list is what my body needs. This comes from years of discovery, recent blood work, and for the current season – which is winter.
These supplements may not, and likely will not, be what your body needs. Again, I am not a doctor, nurse, dietician or personal trainer. Check with your doctor to find out what supplements you may need.
- I take two (gluten-free: Up & Up brand from Target) children’s “Flintstone” multivitamins daily. [Sometimes instead of these, I take one Stuart Prenatal vitamin daily. I choose prenatal vitamins, despite not being pregnant, because they offer the right mix of nutrients I am missing, plus there is speculation/research that prenatal vitamins offer great nourishment for your hair, skin & nails. A long time ago I did the research and chose to go with the Stuart brand – which I buy off of Amazon.] Right now, I am pretty healthy, so these two tablets cover what I may be missing and give me a boost where applicable.
- The two children’s vitamins give me 200% of my daily recommended vitamin C requirements. But when I feel myself getting a little sick, I add 2 500 mg high potency vitamin C supplements, taking one pill twice daily. I like the Sundown Naturals brand. I can get them at Krogers – and they are usually on sale.
- I take at least 500 mg of L-Lysine daily. I get cold sores and fever blisters often in the winter. I have since I was a baby. While I do get cold sores occasionally, it’s actually the fever blisters I get more often. I get them in my nose, on my nose and around my mouth. I have a lot of sensitivities – which you know if you have spent one minute reading anything about me! Short of moving to a bubble, I have had to learn how to prevent. If I have a sore or a blister, I take about 3000 mg a day – 3 500 mg tablets at lunch and 3 500 mg tablets at dinner. Again, I like the Sundown Naturals brand.
- I also take an Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement. This is suggested for many for various reasons, but I like it to boost my skin and keep down inflammation throughout my body. I take 1 Schiff Mega Red Krill oil pill a day.
- Sometimes, when I am a little slow or backed up, I add probiotics to the mix for a few days. I like Align or Pearls.
In the past, my iron and Vitamin K has been too low. When blood work reveals this, I adjust my supplements to boost these necessary nutrients. So far, I have not needed an extra calcium boost, but based on family history, this may become necessary.